Are you concerned about adult experiencing abuse or neglect?

If the person you are concerned about is over the age of 18 years of age, they need or they may need health and social care support, and you feel they are being abused or at risk of abuse from another person, then they are likely to be an ‘adult at risk’ and you should consider making a safeguarding adult referral.

The Safeguarding Adults team Blackburn with Darwen  have been working with Digital and Customer services to set up a way of sending a Safeguarding concern via the BwD website.

The link will also to enable members of the public to submit a concern.

Adult protection | Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

Initially the person completing the form will need to register on the BwD website but once this is complete a concern can be submitted. The concern will then be picked up by the safeguarding duty officer who will screen and support accordingly.

You can contact the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council Safeguarding Adult Team on 01254 585 949 or e-mail:

If you are calling outside of hours, please contact our Emergency Duty Team on 01254 587 547, or contact the Police on 01254 51212 or dial 999.